Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Barbari Bread Roll

A fluke recipe this!!

I happened to buy a barbari bread (typically oblong shaped Iranian bread) out of curiosity. Once home, I wondered what I could possibly make using it. On rummaging through my refrigerator, I came up with some lettuce, sauteed mushrooms (which I keep for instant use at all times), cocktail sausages, eggs, mustard paste and cheese.

So using all the ingredients I finally stirred up a quick and yummy roll using the unusually bland tasting Barbari bread.


Step 1.
Cut the bread breath-wise into two pieces.

Step 2.
Whisk 2 eggs into a hot frying pan... making a kind of plain omlette.


Step 3.
Layer each half of the bread with the egg and mushrooms.












Step 4.
Add some sausages (cut into length-wise halves)











Step 5.
Now add a layer of lettuce leaves, some grated cheese (optional) and drizzle with some mustard paste/sauce.











Step 6.
Finally roll the bread  and......








EEEEE....EEEE....EAT !!

No comments: